27 February 2007

Travelling and picture opportunities

While traveling, the opportunity to stop and take pictures are plentiful. I will show you two prime examples.

First, while traveling from Virginia to Kansas on one of my many cross country journeys I drove along the blue ridge parkway in southeastern Virginia. It was getting late in the day and the sun was going down behind the hills when I stopped and noticed this water fall. I was the only soul on this highway at the time, and there was a light fog starting to roll in.




I also started to experiment with shutter speed and the flow of the water. It was getting dark and I was having trouble just getting enough light for any pictures. It has been too long and I don’t remember the settings I used, but these pictures were done with a beat up Pentex K-1000 all manual camera. I still have it and am using it in Afghanistan right now. It also survived a trip to the sands of Mesopotamia and back. But that is a story for later. First the pictures...

No comments: